MonsterGaming
As a guest you are limited to the functions available at our forums, please register and login in to take full advantage.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Choose.
Limit the total amount of animals in plotworld to 2500.
13%
 13% [ 8 ]
Limit the total amount of animals in all loaded chunks to around 2000.
13%
 13% [ 8 ]
Disable breeding in plotworld.
24%
 24% [ 15 ]
Remove MobCatcher.
3%
 3% [ 2 ]
Increase MobCatcher price to $50-100 per animal.
10%
 10% [ 6 ]
Disable natural animal spawn in plotworld.
37%
 37% [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 63

AuthorMessage
mrmag518
Owner
Owner

Minecraft : mrmag518

PostSubject: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-04, 11:46

Edit: Server is under maintenance to apply changes.

As this problem is getting worse and worse for every minute, we have to make a decision very quick.

There's no way we're not going to eliminate all current existing animals in plotworld, and I'm sorry if MobCatcher won't be updated to 1.5.2 before we do so. However, because of this, we're going to wait until Monday before we take action.

We've summarized some of the possible ideas and put them together into a multiple-choice poll.
Also, I have to include that I've looked into limiting animals per-plot, but figured out that doing so would cause far more lag than any other option.

In other news, we have installed a crash-guard which will recover the server from most probable crashes.

Finally, about the option "Limit the total amount of animals in all loaded chunks to around 2000." This will allow infinite amount of mobs, but only 2000 in loaded chunks. Meaning, that if there are for instance, 4000 animals in 8000 loaded chunks, 2000 random animals in those chunks will be removed.

We are still open for suggestions untill Sunday.

Last edited by mrmag518 on 2013-05-07, 19:22; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://monstergaming.hotgoo.net
yoyo388

Minecraft : yoyo388

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-04, 11:51

I,m the first voter yay!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colin2219

Minecraft : Colin2219

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-04, 12:34

edit: im not voting then

Last edited by Colin2219 on 2013-05-04, 17:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pro_Troller

Minecraft : Pro_Troller1337

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-04, 14:10

I vote for disabling breeding in plotworld. I've had it of excessive breeds that gives me massive FPS lag.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
wangshengbuaya

Minecraft : wangshengbuaya

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-04, 14:48

Its a tough choice,for breeders like me.The mobs we caught costs money,so if some of our mobs got removed,it means that we loose money,unless it is refunded.On the other hand,The LAG is Unbearable...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrmag518
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-04, 14:58

Colin2219 wrote:
I suggest a plot limit, someone might just make a plot with 5000 animals, and that way if you want animals you can have animals.
Have you even read the post?

--
You want a big mag menu?
Back to top Go down
Colin2219

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-04, 17:01

people just put tons of animals on their plot and cause no one else to have animals, might as well ban all entities then
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SSRCK

Minecraft : 1silvershot1

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-04, 17:03

Colin2219 wrote:
people just put tons of animals on their plot and cause no one else to have animals, might as well ban all entities then
Paintings, item frames, boats, fireworks, arrows, xp and many other stuff are entities too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colin2219

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-04, 17:04

SSRCK wrote:
Colin2219 wrote:
Paintings, item frames, boats, fireworks, arrows, xp and many other stuff are entities too.
i do realize that, entities are what cause most lag it seems, and with no more farms in plotworld how do we get anything without paying huge prices
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sahin19992

Minecraft : sahin1999

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-04, 17:42

why do u guys choose the no breeding in plotworld confused ?in 1.6 how will we breed horses???just limit the animal ownership to 10-20.if you have more then egg them.lag problem solved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Owieczek

Minecraft : VidmoTTC

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-04, 18:05

Best solution would be to limit amount of animals per plot for 15 maximum in addition increase drasticly price of mobcatcher.

Another idea is to allow to breed only one kind of animal, also with limit of 15.

I dont think removing breeding in plotworld will be a success in a long run because ppl then will mass breed in a wildy and this would be much harder to control.

The last idea and most drastic but assuming ppl will never learn not to spam on server (same was with villagers and ocelots) is to remove all animals periodicly like every week. Then for sure noone will spam. It will be pointless to catch all mobs and breeding in mass will be just wasting of time.

Edit:
Another thing would be to disable squid spawn and make chestshop with unlimited ink sac. No other use for squids.
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/mantamobcontrol/
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/chunkbreedlimit/
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/breedinglimiter/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ennry

Minecraft : ennry

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-04, 18:33

mag the first one is just bs are u serious
the 5th one is out of mind since new players wont be able to get the money for it
the 3rd one is a good idea same to the last one
maybe the best would to combine the 3rd and the last one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

open the spoilers and dont hate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yoyo388

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-04, 18:44

I agree with enry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrmag518
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-04, 21:02

Are none of you understanding what I mean by saying "Also, I have to include that I've looked into limiting animals per-plot, but figured out that doing so would cause far more lag than any other option."?

For those of you that don't: It means that it's not an option.

--
You want a big mag menu?
Back to top Go down
ennry

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-04, 21:29

mrmag518 wrote:
Are none of you understanding what I mean by saying "Also, I have to include that I've looked into limiting animals per-plot, but figured out that doing so would cause far more lag than any other option For those of you that don't: It means that it's not an option.

well the best solution as i said would make all animals despawn automaticaly once they reach a certain amout but be realistic mag
either you disable the ability to have any animals in your plot except dogs,cats and in the future horses and introduce a new ps that would cost 499 and would be 30x5 which would give the ability for anyone to have animals protected and to be able to breed and other stuff because most of the suggestions lacks something or maybe make the special ps free but limited to one and only one for animals only

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JacobDC_

Minecraft : JacobDC_

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-05, 01:47

I'm kind of leaning towards the no breeding in plotworld, but that would FORCE people to use wildy to breed. Which isn't a bad thing; Plotworld would ONLY be for storage/shop. Wildy would become an even bigger part of the server, and you're gonna find a lot more protections.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cyberhunter33

Minecraft : cyberhunter33

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-05, 11:10

what if a player doesn't login for a stait 2 months you remove his plot and with all the builds and mobs on it and restore it to being a vacant plot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SSRCK

Minecraft : 1silvershot1

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-05, 15:51

ennry wrote:
mrmag518 wrote:
Are none of you understanding what I mean by saying "Also, I have to include that I've looked into limiting animals per-plot, but figured out that doing so would cause far more lag than any other option For those of you that don't: It means that it's not an option.

well the best solution as i said would make all animals despawn automaticaly once they reach a certain amout but be realistic mag
either you disable the ability to have any animals in your plot except dogs,cats and in the future horses and introduce a new ps that would cost 499 and would be 30x5 which would give the ability for anyone to have animals protected and to be able to breed and other stuff because most of the suggestions lacks something or maybe make the special ps free but limited to one and only one for animals only

Spoiler:

When you are making a ps field you chose the radius, so, it can only be like 1x1, 2x2 and so on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toxxn

Minecraft : Toxidious

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-06, 02:02

Considering that limiting animals per individual plot would create more Lag than before, which was a suggestion I made, (Thank you however for looking into that) I have come two a conclusion on my final personal opinion based on the poll answers.

I have voted for disabling natural spawning as to it to was one of my suggestions, however there are several votes that I could of made, however as stated above I have come to a final verdict as far as my personal opinion.

-Disable natural spawning.
-Limit the total amount of animals in all loaded chunks to around 2000.

These two alone would allow players to have a number of Animals and at the same time allow them to breed. I would suggest to players however, that when bred to re-capture their animals after the time has pasted for their "already bred" time period. This would reduce the amount of animals, and at the same time protect them against possibly losing animals due to an overload in the amount of animals per chunk.
I am close to the suggestion of increased price on MobCatcher however $50-100 seems a little extreme. Might I suggestion possible raising it to $25 per animal. People can complain all they want about the price, however truth be told, you can get $25 by killing one Creeper which makes it very easy to obtain. Voting also yields enough money for this purpose while at the same time helping the server out greatly by putting it on the top of the Minecraft lists.
$50-100 is only a little extreme in my opinion due to the fact $50-100 would stack up quickly. Even with the current price I have found myself losing $500+ to MobCatcher in a catching frenzy.

As a note to players, just remember one thing.
Choose wisely, but no matter what the final outcome will be, further actions towards this problem will end up taking place if players continue to abuse animal breeding and creating unnecessary lag. If we find ourselves being unable to breed, MobCatcher removed, or whatever the case, it will be the players own fault.

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-06, 15:18

Spoiler:

i agree with you toxx and maybe a 2week animal wipeout each 2 weeks wouldnt be bad too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miku_Hatsune

Minecraft : Miku_Hatsune

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-07, 12:33

Mag i don't think disabling animal breed/spawn is a good idea as some people like to keep animals in their plot, i think that limit the animal spawn will be better as when reaching the maximum, we had to kill the old animals before breeding.And also the community should be happy and also coorporate not to breed too much animals in their plot, please go to your ps and breed as many as you want. Not all people have good pc that can bear the extreme lag. Dont be selfish,think of the others, its very annoying to play in fps lag. thank you guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Owieczek

Minecraft : VidmoTTC

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-07, 14:07

Miku_Hatsune wrote:
Not all people have good pc that can bear the extreme lag. Dont be selfish,think of the others, its very annoying to play in fps lag. thank you guys
It's not about people personal computers. It's about server not being able to handle so many operations at the same time and becoming unstable. Constantly moving mobs, doors, big redstone instalations objects are the worst. Personal lag caused by bad PC is a "private lag" of person having it Very Happy and it doesn't affect server or the other players.

Let me say honestly. Some players were selfish and greedy, breeding mobs without limits. Asking or saying them didn't work so now time came for more drastic measures and in this case (as it usualy is) there will be collective responsibility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jojo140

Minecraft : jojo140

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-07, 15:14

one question:
ive we shut down breeding in plotword we can still catch animals and breed them in the wildy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaterboy

Minecraft : gaterboy

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-07, 17:00

i sell texture packs for 200$ (mg money) so if you wanna buy one talk to me on MonsterGaming my name is gaterboy so next time im on just ask and i will send you a
skype friend request and then i will send you the link threw skype. And no the
link is not to a website its for the texture that i make
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yoyo388

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   2013-05-07, 17:03

gaterboy wrote:
i sell texture packs for 200$ (mg money) so if you wanna buy one talk to me on MonsterGaming my name is gaterboy so next time im on just ask and i will send you a
skype friend request and then i will send you the link threw skype. And no the
link is not to a website its for the texture that i make

Is there Any Way we can see some of ur earlier work as proof u know what ur doing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.   

Back to top Go down

Animals in plotworld, vote to choose their destiny.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MonsterGaming :: Community :: Announcements-
Jump to: