MonsterGaming
As a guest you are limited to the functions available at our forums, please register and login in to take full advantage.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mrmag518
Owner
Owner

Minecraft : mrmag518

PostSubject: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-02, 13:49

A few weeks back, we fixed the animal de-spawning issue in plotworld. However, as of now there are too many animals in plotworld, 13,000 animals actually.
This is too much in one small place, for any server to handle. This number will increase every day to a point where the server can't work.

Something has to be done, and I'm not just going to remove your animals without requesting suggestions first. So I'm asking for suggestions/solutions.

If we receive appropriate suggestions, we will eventually make a poll, allowing the community to decide.

Last edited by mrmag518 on 2013-05-04, 11:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://monstergaming.hotgoo.net
mcay23

Minecraft : mcay23

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-02, 13:54

Maybe set a cap of the number of animals allowed in a plot? That should help quite a bit.. I'm interested in hearing others' opinions though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toxxn

Minecraft : Toxidious

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-02, 13:59

What does this list of animals include?

I am not sure if all animals spawn naturally in Plotworld, however ocelots do.

My first suggestion would to disable all natural spawning in plotworld, if this has not already been done. (Players can still get animals from Mob Catcher.)

My second suggestion would be to disable natural breeding of animals.
I am not sure if the animals mate naturally like the ocelots did, or if players have to continuously breed them, however I have seen some players with way more than necessary of each animal.

My third suggestion would be to delete all current animals however give players a set time frame to collect up the ones they want to keep via Mob Catcher.

If worse comes to worse, my last suggestion would be to make a new rule against excessive breeding. Hopefully this situation will not have to resort to that.

In the mean time, I will try to come up with some more ideas on how to solve this issue.

mcay23 wrote:
Maybe set a cap of the number of animals allowed in a plot? That should help quite a bit.. I'm interested in hearing others' opinions though.
Impossible, or rather not practical. To many players over breed, and then no one will be able to have animals. A more reliable suggestion to this would be to limit the amount of animals one can have per plot rather than the whole world itself.

Minecraft : 1silvershot1

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-02, 15:36

Toxxn wrote:

My first suggestion would to disable all natural spawning in plotworld, if this has not already been done. (Players can still get animals from Mob Catcher.)

I am not sure if the animals mate naturally like the ocelots did, or if players have to continuously breed them, however I have seen some players with way more than necessary of each animal.

My third suggestion would be to delete all current animals however give players a set time frame to collect up the ones they want to keep via Mob Catcher.

If worse comes to worse, my last suggestion would be to make a new rule against excessive breeding. Hopefully this situation will not have to resort to that.

In the mean time, I will try to come up with some more ideas on how to solve this issue.

mcay23 wrote:
Impossible, or rather not practical. To many players over breed, and then no one will be able to have animals. A more reliable suggestion to this would be to limit the amount of animals one can have per plot rather than the whole world itself.

But if we have to catch all our animals mag has to take down the catching price. I know, 10$ per animal isn't 2 much, but if I had 100 I would have to pay 1k, that's a relevant amount of money.

EDIT: THAT'S IT! Make mob catcher free 2 use and people will store animals in eggs more likely. And, set the animal limit. Here is my suggestion:

Spoiler:

EDIT: In the squids thingy I meant they spawn naturaly.

Last edited by SSRCK on 2013-05-02, 20:43; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ennry

Minecraft : ennry

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-02, 16:26

SSRCK wrote:
Toxxn wrote:

mcay23 wrote:

But if we have to catch all our animals mag has to take down the catching price. I know, 10$ per animal isn't 2 much, but if I had 100 I would have to pay 1k, that's a relevant amount of money.
imagine this u have 100 animals and this is quite a lot dude now imagine what others people have
now for the suggestion maybe having one week mobs catching FREE then once its passed the delay delet all the mobs but since villager counts as mobs/animal and we can egg them maybe you could reallow it for one week since there hard to get now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
F1z1

Minecraft : f1z1

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-02, 17:33

Will there be an announcement on the server when the decision is made? since some people don't always check forums all the time?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toxxn

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-02, 17:54

SSRCK wrote:
]

EDIT: THAT'S IT! Make mob catcher free 2 use and people will store animals in eggs more likely. And, set the animal limit. Here is my suggestion:

That is what I was thinking.
This would certainly be a good choice.

Give players 1-2 weeks to gather the Animals/Villagers they wish to keep, making Mob Catcher Free temporarily in that time, and then remove the remaining Animals/ Villagers.

Eggs are not a priority, there are plenty of them out there, rather cheap, and easy to obtain.

This leaves the original problem still open, however I did suggest limiting the amount of Animals/ Villagers per plot as well as also disabling natural spawning and breeding which would solve this problem. The only repercussion to disabling natural breeding is that villagers would not be able to breed.

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-02, 18:13

Toxxn wrote:
SSRCK wrote:
]

That is what I was thinking.
This would certainly be a good choice.

Give players 1-2 weeks to gather the Animals/Villagers they wish to keep, making Mob Catcher Free temporarily in that time, and then remove the remaining Animals/ Villagers.

Eggs are not a priority, there are plenty of them out there, rather cheap, and easy to obtain.

This leaves the original problem still open, however I did suggest limiting the amount of Animals/ Villagers per plot as well as also disabling natural spawning and breeding which would solve this problem. The only repercussion to disabling natural breeding is that villagers would not be able to breed.

the problem is that catching villagers isnt possible now and for the breeding we can get them to do it inside wildy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bangbusta

Minecraft : Bangbusta

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-02, 19:11

Here is what I found on breeding limits. It seems like it would take care of the problem but I think people would still have to capture some animals and then plotworld would have to be purged of animals to be effective. I don't really know about server plugins so I don't know if this could apply to the server or not.
http://www.curse.com/server-mods/minecraft/breedinglimiter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrnascar242424

Minecraft : mrnascar242424

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-02, 19:35

just limit it to 40-50 animals per plot...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrmag518
Owner
Owner

Minecraft : mrmag518

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-02, 19:54

mrnascar242424 wrote:
With just that limitation: 40 * 1000 plots = 40,000 animals. Not the best.

I'm thinking about that limit per plot, but I'm not sure.

--
You want a big mag menu?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://monstergaming.hotgoo.net
mrnascar242424

Minecraft : mrnascar242424

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-02, 20:18

mrmag518 wrote:
mrnascar242424 wrote:

but how many of those 100 plots are already in use?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raryderp

Minecraft : _Diamondhunter

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-02, 20:37

So, then people will move all of their mobs to wildly?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-llpkfsXEQ
SSRCK

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-02, 20:41

Raryderp wrote:
So, then people will move all of their mobs to wildly?
No, you can still have mobs in plotworld, but just for home use, you can't create a giant farm with the limit, for comercial use you'll have to pay for a ps field.

THIS IS JUST MY SUGESTION
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LMH_23

Minecraft : LMH_23

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-02, 21:40

Why not just disable the mobcatcher plugin? That's how most people got their animals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Driovezph

Minecraft : DrioVezph

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-02, 22:19

Put a limit on the number of animals you can have on your plot, Or just ban all animals from Plotworld
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/Vezph
mcay23

Minecraft : mcay23

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-02, 23:24

LMH_23 wrote:
Why not just disable the mobcatcher plugin? That's how most people got their animals.
But the current animals in people's plots will still stay, and a lot of people will complain about this.
Toxxn wrote:
[color=olive]
mcay23 wrote:
This was what I meant.

Last edited by mcay23 on 2013-05-03, 08:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JacobDC_

Minecraft : JacobDC_

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-03, 01:47

As stated above, have people buy a protection in wildy and breed animals there. Though, if everyone did that wouldn't it cause lag since all the animals are now in a different world? The plot limitation would be the way to go, since people wouldn't simply just listen to a rule.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wangshengbuaya

Minecraft : wangshengbuaya

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-03, 05:26

How about a world for the captured mobs?Like farmplots?its like plotworld just that its plots are for the animals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yoyo388

Minecraft : yoyo388

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-03, 06:22

We could make a new world for those who want to keep their animals in kind of a farm and just implement the ps stones like in wildy and we won,t have that lag and just need a new command for teleporting to his or hers farm plot or area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toxxn

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-03, 07:14

mrmag518 wrote:
mrnascar242424 wrote:

I own all four corners of Plotworld which are (85,85), (85,-84), (-84,-84), & (-84,85).
This means that on one side there are 169 plots in a row and 170 on the other.
If my math is correct this means there are exactly 28,730 plots total in Plotworld.

Given that nowhere near all of those are taken, but hypothetically if they were, 40 animals per plot would mean there would be a limit of 1,149,200 animals in Plotworld.
So unless you have connections to use NASA's computer system to host MG, I do not think 40 per plot will be plausible for awhile.
I personally think 20 would be pushing it, however 20 would be a good starting point especially with the upcoming Dedicated Server.

Mind you that chickens also lay eggs, more chickens means more eggs, more eggs means more lag, and not to mention 40 chickens would lay eggs super fast. You would need to adjust the junk filter a little or reduce the frequency that chickens lay eggs to compensate.

LMH_23 wrote:

Because Mobs no longer spawn naturally in Plotworld if I am not mistaken, which would mean there would be no way of transporting Animals between the wilderness and Plotworld, and would provide no way of storing and/or selling animals. Not to mention the hassle that comes from having to lure animals via food.

Minecraft : derp_1

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-03, 16:02

i agree with others, clear all animals in plotworld, make limit, then give people free mobcatcher for a week or so
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SSRCK

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-03, 17:16

Toxxn wrote:
mrmag518 wrote:
mrnascar242424 wrote:

I own all four corners of Plotworld which are (85,85), (85,-84), (-84,-84), & (-84,85).
This means that on one side there are 169 plots in a row and 170 on the other.
If my math is correct this means there are exactly 28,730 plots total in Plotworld.

Given that nowhere near all of those are taken, but hypothetically if they were, 40 animals per plot would mean there would be a limit of 1,149,200 animals in Plotworld.
So unless you have connections to use NASA's computer system to host MG, I do not think 40 per plot will be plausible for awhile.
I personally think 20 would be pushing it, however 20 would be a good starting point especially with the upcoming Dedicated Server.

Mind you that chickens also lay eggs, more chickens means more eggs, more eggs means more lag, and not to mention 40 chickens would lay eggs super fast. You would need to adjust the junk filter a little or reduce the frequency that chickens lay eggs to compensate.

LMH_23 wrote:

Because Mobs no longer spawn naturally in Plotworld if I am not mistaken, which would mean there would be no way of transporting Animals between the wilderness and Plotworld, and would provide no way of storing and/or selling animals. Not to mention the hassle that comes from having to lure animals via food.

Each chicken lays an egg every 20 minutes, and, not all the plots are claimed and not everyone has animals in their plots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TehRoyalShitHead

Minecraft : TehRoyal98

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-03, 18:07

SSRCK wrote:
snip
He's not saying all plots are claimed or all people have animals, he's saying that if we go on like this it will only get worse.

Also (epic math-machine Royal coming in), 40 chickens laying eggs every 20 minutes = 120 eggs an hour.
Multiplying that by the amount of plots taken (I think it's a little bit less than a quarter of plotworld) which is 7182.5, 120 x 7182.5 = 861900 eggs each hour!

Ofcourse this can only happen if everyone has 40 chickens on their plot but it gives a nice summary of the amount of entities there can be in such a little time.

I think we should either limit the amount of animals on a plot to 10 or just simply removing the addition of having animals in plotworld entirely.
We've had animal problems in plotworld for as long as plotworld exists.. I want it to be solved once and for all.

ennry

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   2013-05-03, 19:16

lol gotta start egg those lil chicks i have too much in my plot then ~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.   

Back to top Go down

Raising a concern related to animals in plotworld.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MonsterGaming :: Community :: Announcements-
Jump to: