MonsterGaming
As a guest you are limited to the functions available at our forums, please register and login in to take full advantage.





 
HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 MonsterGaming release announcement.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mrmag518
Owner
Owner
avatar

Minecraft : mrmag518
Posts : 608
Join date : 2011-08-01
Age : 21
Location : Norway

PostSubject: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-01, 20:38

Quick note: MonsterGaming is now online for the public!

First and the most important, welcome back to MonsterGaming! If you’ve played here before, then you may wonder what happened. You may also wonder what changes will come, may come and so on.

To begin with, I’m going to cover why MG unexpectedly went down without any notification from anyone. Our owner nAb_PwNeR was not able to pay the monthly bills. Why, you may wonder. Well, as you probably noticed before MG went down, the website had some kind of ‘fake’ virus notification, resulting in a website block that Google generated. This resulted in almost no new website registrations and much less activity on the website & server. This then resulted in a lack of donations. MG ran mostly on donations at that time, which were contributed by the community. With the lack of donations, nab could not pay the monthly bills, and the website were shut down short time after.

With little to nothing of contact from nab, I could not know whether he was going to start MG back up at any time soon. He did state that MG was going to be boot back up sometime in January, but this never happened. So I took on the duty to host MG. If nab makes a return, he’s very welcome back. As of now, I’m the owner of MG. Nab is back, we’re both the owners of MG now.

MG is now hosted on one of our previous used companies and spots. However, I’m not made of money so any contributions will be taken great fully, with a reward of course. If donations are good enough, I will possibly buy a new website and forums, with a new domain. I have started working at a half-time job until the relevant money I need, is earned.

I've taken my time to code 4 usefull plugins for MG, which are the following..

GlobalExchange (G.E); GE is a dynamic item exchange plugin. It lets you buy and sell items to the global market via commands. Prices are routinely measured by the demand & supply of the specific item. Meaning the pricing is dynamic and will continuously change. All items have a ‘Stock’; the stock refers to the quantity of the specific item that exists in the market. Depending on the stock and how much you sell to the market, the price will drop. It’s the opposite when buying. Each item has price manipulation guidelines. For an example 'max price', 'change speed' etc. etc. The change speed determines how rapid the item will drop & rise in price. Changed speed '1' is the fastest possible. Diamonds for an example has a fast change speed because the supply of the item is usually low, whilst the demand being higher.
I made GE as a lot of players wanted the ‘/buy’ and ‘/sell’ commands back, with also doing jobs to earn money. This plugin took me over 90hours of hard work, especially with math calculations.
Commands, additional info can be found in a page created soon.

ItemFilter; ItemFilter is obviously a plugin that filters items from each other. In other words it separates them, making one particularly diamond sword different from normal diamond swords. I took the system to build a new system that filters out spawned items from regular obtained items. I made this plugin firstly because I wanted a more reliable way of determining whether an item is spawned or not, but also because I saw that players with item spawn rights sometimes want to play survival without being heavily restricted from doing so. ItemFilter also filters out blocks, meaning spawned blocks placed by players with spawn rights cannot be broken by any other players without permission to do so. Spawned items are tagged with a lore displaying “Spawned” in a light red color.
I have planned to advance this system a little more in the coming time.
Commands, additional info can be found in a page created soon.

LogStream; LS lets you change your join and quit message. The plugin supports variables, colors etc. etc. However, it costs money (In-game money). This is a plugin I am thinking of actually releasing to Bukkit. LS charge you more and more cash depending on how many variables, color codes and letters your output contains.
Commands, additional info can be found in a page created soon.

MGUtilities; MGU is basically just a huge bunch of minor utilities MonsterGaming has use for. Such as maintenance mode, exploit workarounds etc. etc. This is a plugin we’ve had before, but I have rewritten it completely to work better with bukkit and the server, especially related to performance.
The big features MGUtilities contains are:
- Account Security Enhancement (A.S.E)
- Ban system.
- Maintenance mode.
- Vote process.
- Warn system.

Now what about the plotworld and wilderness? What will happen to our previous worlds?
I’ve decided to reset all our worlds and start entirely from scratch. Now before you possibly start hating, this decision is fair and it is good for the forthcoming gameplay on MG, I ensure you that.
Why reset wilderness?
The old wilderness had huge chunk bugs because of some issues a plugin had caused, this lead to server crashes whenever a player loaded that specific chunk, what so ever. Also, we wanted a better and nicer wilderness, which I will cover very soon.
Why reset plotworld?
The old plotworld had huge dupe bugs because of bukkit, and also the borders set in this world bugged out and lead to huge amount of unused land loaded up. This resulted in excessive lag and sky high CPU usage whenever a backup tried to run or a world save occurred, or simply whenever a plugin tried to check for something in the world, which plotme often does.
No matter what the motives above are, starting from scratch is always good if the interval between the last reset are vast. The economy is more cleaner, more minerals, more space, cleaner environment and what not. MG has never had a full reset, over the past year, just to clarify that.

The new wilderness; Beautiful new world created from scratch by our beloved Administrator, coreroded using World Painter. However, structures are created by hand.

Now you may wonder if we’re keeping PreciousStones, and yes we are! I’ve worked on improving the PS thought, however it is still the same protection procedure.
Protections I’ve thought of including:
- Default (20x20)
- Mansion (40x40)
- Town protection (100x100)
- Town plot (15x15)
- City protection (300x300)
- City plot (30x30)
Also I’ve patched the ‘no refund’ bug occurring whenever you broke your field block, and fixed some interact protections (such as chests).
Commands, additional info can be found in a page created soon.

Are we keeping the traditional way of achieving the member rank at MG?
Yes we are and it will stay like that until otherwise is shrewder; however we’ve set a goal of shifting the promotion code/word every 1-3 months.

Will DynMap be installed?
Not in the release, but it may be installed later on. It all depends on the server performance and contributions by the players for server upgrades.
For those who do not know what DynMap is; DynMap is short for Dynamic Map. It gives you a clear view over all the worlds existing in MG with dynamic details about things like the chat, how many players are online, per-world time etc. etc.

We’ve also added a new rank called ‘Dedicated’. This rank shows true contribution to MG without the use of donating any money. This rank is a replacement for the Advertiser rank, but it’s not the same. The rank can be achieved in multiple ways, such as being really helpful and nice, actively reporting issues and lawbreakers you may find etc. However the rank can also be achieved by advertising. You can view a page containing details about the dedicated rank here: http://monstergaming.hotgoo.net/t34-read-first-how-to-post-a-dedciated-application-requirements

Will MobArena stay?
Yes, we’ve constructed a whole new arena with an icy theme to it. The arena is a little bigger than the previous one. This arena should be flawless, in relation to the construction. There are new bosses, new waves, new challenges and rewards!
Commands, additional info can be found in a page created soon.

What about other mini-games?
Other mini-games such as Stake, Tag etc. are being recoded, and will most likely be re-introduced in the future.

Will Chest Shop be added?
Yes, later on. We’re not adding it now just so we can test out the economy.

For those who want more action, a brand new world has been introduced to MonsterGaming. This world is called the Pvpworld. PvP, fire spread and explosions are enabled in this world, together with griefing being allowed.

For those of you who have donated in the past, you still have a donator rank. Anyone above S.Donator or S.Donator has been ranked ‘Donator’, which is basically the new S.Donator rank. Mini-Donors stay Mini-Donors.
Donation info can be found at a page created soon.

We’ve also added a new plugin which adds Jetpacks into the game. Jetpacks are made by putting an iron chest plate in the crafting matrix, surrounded by redstone dust. Jetpacks use redstone dust as fuel. However, this is currently only for the Dedicated rank and above, for Premium users and above you don’t need fuel.

Smaller but notable changes:
- Fixed auto grammar conversion in chat not working whenever you ended a sentence with ‘i ‘.
- Added a couple more censored words to the chat filter, but removed the word ‘Shit’, however don’t use this or any other similar word in that case, in an offensive, inappropriate or exaggerating way.
- The old countdown whenever the server was about to shutdown is broken.
- Mob bounty prices have been changed.
- Admin shops no longer exist, as want to keep the economy in MG more stable.
- Prices for some specific commands have been added. Don’t worry simple commands as /home has no price.
- Plotworld’s roads have been changed to sandstone.
- Fixed explosion issues with PreciousStones.
- Made Plotworld’s explosions have a visual effect and sound.
- Whenever you reach the border of a world, a visual effect and sound will occur.
- Bedrock borders have been added together with a psychical one in plotworld.
- A sound will occur whenever you login.
- Speeded up the backup process by compressing the files into zip archives, this also reduces the backup size, meaning backups will be done more frequently from now on.
- Made it so players not hitting the iron block in MobArena within 60 seconds, will be kicked from the lobby.
- You can now use flint & steel in plotworld, however, fire spread is disabled.
- Nether no longer has PvP enabled.
- Hopefully fixed loss of inventories in MobArena.
- Made a very efficient junk data remover. It executes once per 30min, however a warning will be displaying 30 second before, and this is because items on the ground will be considered as junk data too.
- Made it so villagers can get attacked and damaged by other entities than players, and players attempting to damage villagers using either hand force, magic or projectile damage will receive a notify.

Voting will be up later.


Last edited by mrmag518 on 2013-03-02, 15:06; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://monstergaming.hotgoo.net
Helper

avatar

Minecraft : MonsterGamingFan
Posts : 500
Join date : 2012-05-21
Age : 17
Location : Earth.

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-01, 20:54

I never thought it would be so awesome! You've done a great job Mag! I especially love some cool updates like the jetpack! Can the server be up by tomorrow? Just asking! Also the city protection is cool. We really needed a bigger protection. Now my town will have 540000blocks square. A question about PS, can you make protection administrators? For towns and cities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l3loodyN1ghtmar3

avatar

Minecraft : l3loodyN1ghtmare
Posts : 236
Join date : 2013-02-11
Location : On the Toilet

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-01, 21:11

I am probably going to be flamed at, but im only stating my OPINION.

Honestly, i'd thought Plot World was made to function as a safe world, to store all your goods and such. Even if it has been reset, I disagree with that choice that it should be reset because many people that followed that sole function would not be losing their items, whereas people that wouldn't listen (Bringing their things ALL their items to Wildy) could learn a lesson. Why should we have to suffer for others mistakes, i mean saying that "I wanted a challenge" is the worst excuse. I understand how the Town Makers feel, but not using Plot World as a fail safe isn't the best decision. People should know that Plot World was of the highest priority, with a backup incase. Losing a backup of the Wilderness isn't as bad as losing Plot World all together. Even if Plot World is being reset because of lag issues, we should still get a chance to retrieve our items to move into the new one. If that decision is made, i would also support the old wilderness' retrieval providing they still exist.

I'm not trying to insult the Owner's authority or anything. I know a fresh start is the way to go, but many people spent a lot of time in Plot World, building and storing. Even if people duplicated items, all of them were banned eventually and the economy was set back to an equilibrium when the balances of every player was reset. Not every duplicated item was removed, but clearing the entire world because a couple of people duplicated isn't fair. Also, accepting these players back to MG is a mistake which could cause even more misery. The economy will always be manipulated, trying to stop it is basically impossible, through methods of duplicating, exploits, bug advantages. You can't possibly stop them all.

This may not influence you at all, but just know that you should take this into account. I respect the Owner's decisions.

Again, this is just MY OPINION, though i may be flamed, i speak for many.


Last edited by l3loodyN1ghtmar3 on 2013-03-01, 21:23; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Driovezph



Minecraft : DrioVezph
Posts : 45
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 20
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-01, 21:12

Can't wait until its up
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/Vezph
mrmag518
Owner
Owner
avatar

Minecraft : mrmag518
Posts : 608
Join date : 2011-08-01
Age : 21
Location : Norway

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-01, 21:25

l3loodyN1ghtmar3 wrote:
--snip--

A world harming the server is no longer considered "safe". Yes it's made to never be reset, and yes I take responsibility for my mistakes not fixing the borders in the world. However, I know the dupers were banned, I know the economy stabilized, but that was in the prior MG, it would take months for the economy to be stabilized if we wouldn't reset it in the new MG.

Either way, what's done is done, look forward and be positive.

___________________

--
You want a big mag menu?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://monstergaming.hotgoo.net
LisaTheKitten3

avatar

Minecraft : LisaTheKitten3
Posts : 221
Join date : 2011-08-29
Age : 21
Location : Well well it's a nice house you got there.

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-01, 21:44

Good job mag! I'm glad we have someone who is working very hard on the server ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/lisathekitten3/
Athleteboy
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Minecraft : AthleteBoy
Posts : 667
Join date : 2013-01-30
Age : 21
Location : Planet Earth

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-01, 22:08

Thanks for the update. I'll be ready for the Mob Arena Boss! Haha Also glad the PS Stones are improved and standstone streets! Fancy! Very Happy Good job on the server. It's one thing to open a server, it's another to put effort, dedication, hard work, etc into it too. Smile

___________________
Call Me, Athlete Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/athleteboy/
Hilal12

avatar

Minecraft : Hilal1234
Posts : 18
Join date : 2013-02-17

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-01, 22:12

I love everything but im kinda mad about plot world but im a good miner so i really dont have to worry about losing any god stuff i beat i will have so much armor and prot 4 and stuff in less then a week and i really want Chest shop to So think about geting it back mag Very Happy anyways thanks for making the server So Beast and Epic!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toxxn
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Minecraft : Toxidious
Posts : 308
Join date : 2013-01-30
Age : 29
Location : Creeper Manor

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-01, 22:25

Sounds like a darn good plan Mag, and we all appreciate the time you took to code all these plug-ins for us. Judging just by what you said, MG will be better than ever with all these changes and additions. Cannot wait to get started.

___________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaskirat

avatar

Minecraft : Mr_Jaskirat
Posts : 258
Join date : 2012-05-30
Age : 20
Location : Australia, Sydney

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-01, 22:58

Cant wait, im dying to play on the server. good job to mag and nab and core, youve done amazing jobs to make our gaming experienceawesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mcay23

avatar

Minecraft : mcay23
Posts : 330
Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-01, 23:14

I love the sound of that Global Exchange plugin, and is excited with the improved P.S. It's great that the mob arena is now fixed too Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pro_Troller
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Minecraft : Pro_Troller1337
Posts : 433
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 18
Location : Moon, Minecraft District 1337.

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-01, 23:18

Holy shit. That is somehow amazing. Can't describe it though.

___________________
World's best Advertisement.
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkRemorse

avatar

Minecraft : DarkRemorse
Posts : 69
Join date : 2012-12-17
Location : Miami, FL

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-02, 05:25

WOW great job! just one question, since your resetting plotworld will we get a chance to get our old stuff?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Helper

avatar

Minecraft : MonsterGamingFan
Posts : 500
Join date : 2012-05-21
Age : 17
Location : Earth.

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-02, 08:50

DarkRemorse wrote:
WOW great job! just one question, since your resetting plotworld will we get a chance to get our old stuff?
"Everybody will start from the scratch..."

Now please. Be positive, MG has only reset twice, and I can call it the safest server I've ever seen. In other servers, they only had one world which reset like once a month, and I don't like that.

I don't care about the stuff.
I don't care about the worlds.
I don't care about the money.
All I care about is MG and it's community.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nAb_PwNeR
Owner
Owner
avatar

Minecraft : nAb_PwNeR
Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-08-31
Age : 26
Location : Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-02, 10:37

Sounds like uber fun!

___________________
FPS=Faps Per Second- MetalDog280
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/drifter5064
SSRCK

avatar

Minecraft : 1silvershot1
Posts : 303
Join date : 2013-02-23
Age : 17
Location : Home

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-02, 11:17

love the idea, now it's more fair, btw, will we kept our money or vote counts? the money reset i can understand but the vote counts are a contribution just like donors. -SilverShot

Btw, i'm making a community to start colonizing the new wildy, talk to me if you are intrested
Crazy Crazy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
0wnstyIezz

avatar

Posts : 269
Join date : 2012-06-16
Age : 19
Location : netherlands ^^

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-02, 18:39

meh i hate when servers reset Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vSiQuiiKz

avatar

Minecraft : vSiQuiiKz
Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-02-16

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-03, 21:07

Why do players that donated more than the S.Donator rank in the past have to be S.Donator? This isn't fair, I paid for VIP and now my rank is lowered because the site went down for a couple months?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrmag518
Owner
Owner
avatar

Minecraft : mrmag518
Posts : 608
Join date : 2011-08-01
Age : 21
Location : Norway

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-03, 22:12

vSiQuiiKz wrote:
Why do players that donated more than the S.Donator rank in the past have to be S.Donator? This isn't fair, I paid for VIP and now my rank is lowered because the site went down for a couple months?

For two reasons. For the first, I'm the one who pays for the server now, not nab. Second, all donator permissions were modified.

___________________

--
You want a big mag menu?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://monstergaming.hotgoo.net
King_Wyrnn

avatar

Minecraft : King_Wyrnn
Posts : 25
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 21
Location : East Coast of USA

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-05, 18:12

I just can't wait to play, as I really want wildy to have a classic use and function again. It's just that towns ain't what they used to be. Back then, they were full and ****... Now they are just empty pieces of land that people ravage to get goods for their plots. I just want the good ol' times back.

But that's MY opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrmag518
Owner
Owner
avatar

Minecraft : mrmag518
Posts : 608
Join date : 2011-08-01
Age : 21
Location : Norway

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-05, 19:34

King_Wyrnn wrote:
I just can't wait to play, as I really want wildy to have a classic use and function again. It's just that towns ain't what they used to be. Back then, they were full and ****... Now they are just empty pieces of land that people ravage to get goods for their plots. I just want the good ol' times back.

But that's MY opinion.

How long is it since you've played? Towns and cities are two big aspects of MG, and they became quite popular after I introduced them.

___________________

--
You want a big mag menu?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://monstergaming.hotgoo.net
King_Wyrnn

avatar

Minecraft : King_Wyrnn
Posts : 25
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 21
Location : East Coast of USA

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-06, 16:08

I haven't truly played since Plot World was introduced, but because of that, not many people really need houses in wildy, so towns are pretty inefficient to build by hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrmag518
Owner
Owner
avatar

Minecraft : mrmag518
Posts : 608
Join date : 2011-08-01
Age : 21
Location : Norway

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-06, 17:40

King_Wyrnn wrote:
I haven't truly played since Plot World was introduced, but because of that, not many people really need houses in wildy, so towns are pretty inefficient to build by hand.

Stop judging before you even know.

___________________

--
You want a big mag menu?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://monstergaming.hotgoo.net
King_Wyrnn

avatar

Minecraft : King_Wyrnn
Posts : 25
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 21
Location : East Coast of USA

PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   2013-03-07, 01:40

Sorry bout that then. I thought people still did what they did before survival was protected again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: MonsterGaming release announcement.   

Back to top Go down
 
MonsterGaming release announcement.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MonsterGaming :: Community :: Announcements-
Jump to: